In the world of digital technology getting noticed is an important factor. It is something that new + existing businesses want to achieve in every possible aspect. Nowadays, it doesn’t really matter if the business is small or a large corporation, if they have a budget allocated for online marketing campaigns then it is pretty easy to become a dominant player.
If you’re a newbie, then you must be wondering why is it so? Well, the answer is quite simple — It’s easier because the cost to promote a Brand in the online sphere is comparatively less cheaper that it would cost in the actual – offline world. The cost per promotion is almost negligible as compared to the benefits obtained from it. If you have a target industry(market) then Online Marketing can help reach out to them.
Let’s take a closer look on what exactly is this Internet Marketing –
Though Online marketing is one of the form’s of direct marketing, it needs separate treatment as it had represents an altogether new way of doing business. It has more power compare to all other forms of direct-marketing. It gets its power on account of its interactive capabilities and speed. It enables an interaction, which almost approximates real-life interaction.
Here we will see the types of Online Marketing
Online Marketing has multiple approaches based on how they are used. Depending upon their purpose the strategies change along with their methods. Now, let’s take a look at the various types of digital marketing -
- Search Engine Optimization(SEO) – The method of using SEO to optimize and rank a website for receiving free organic traffic from the search engine results pages. It includes the process of identifying suitable + profitable keywords then placing them where it matters and then promoting the content for maximum exposure!
- Display Marketing – Display advertising is a type of advertising that typically contains text (i.e., copy), logos, photographs or other images, location maps, and similar items. These are usually the banner ads that you can see in several websites. It helps promote your products as well as increases branding value. The banner ads usually link back to the original content that the banner is about OR lands up on specific landing page that has been optimized for generating leads, conversions.
- Email Marketing - Still wondering what it does? Ohkey, it is a type of internet marketing where the approach is made through emails. However, while working on this one should keep in mind about the best practices in email marketing. This type of an approach is widely used for several online campaigns. Normally it is used for lead generation and sequential updates. Planning your Email Marketing campaign is equally important for long term success.
- Affiliate Marketing - This involves a direct connection with an Affiliate, who acts something like a Broker, the Customer – who purchases the product and we can have a different Seller – who sells the products. Usually it works out this way – The Affiliate approaches the prospective Customer – then tries to convince to purchase the product – if the deal works out then the Affiliate gets the pre-fixed amount of commission on that product sale.
- Search Engine Marketing(SEM) – This form of marketing is about promoting the online campaigns through paid advertisements. These types of ads appears in the Sponsored Results or Sponsored Listings section in Search Engines.
- Social Media Marketing(SMM) - This type of digital marketing started with a boom when the social networking influence started garnering momentum in our online world. The process mainly focuses on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest to name a few.